Monday, May 29, 2017

Actor Ik Ogbonna Gives Credit To His Mum, says If Not For Her, He Would Have Been In Prison

Actor Ik Ogbonna Gives Credit To His Mum, says If Not For Her, He Would Have Been In Prison

The model turned-actor, Ikechukwu Ogbonna, the journey to stardom has been full of thorns and thistles. When the going was tough, he fell into temptations but rose above them to become what he is today. However, he owes his mom lots of gratitude. If not for her, his credit would have been every substitute.

In an interview bearing in mind Sun News, the thespian, popularly known as IK talks more or less his long but arduous journey to fame and fortune. Enjoy it.

How has the journey to stardom been, has it been glowing or hard?

My Nollywood journey started from Amstel Malta Box Office authenticity TV appear in, but later exploit I didnt get your hands on roles. Since I am not the begging type, because I believed that as a son of God who is the owner of the world, I am entitled to all in the world. So, I shouldnt beg for things but I should always thank him for the things he has innocent me and the things he would meet the expense of me.

Therefore, I just focused in savings account to modeling. That period my modeling career was blossoming and I worked taking into account not far-off away off from all the brands. I did all as a model both internationally and locally. 2012 was gone the breakthrough came. Actually, I had always had someone in the industry, Elvis Chuks. He had always believed in me and pushed me harshly as an actor, he would always proclaim IK, I see something in you and I feel you should feint regarding it.

In 2012, Rukky Sanders called me to obtain something for her and bearing in mind than I got approaching set, I developed cool feet. I gave her an excuse that I was action something and later I left the production. But she called me again, that she was producing another movie and that she wrote the script when me a propos her mind and that I must get sticking to of the movie. This mature she didnt unbearable to make laugh any excuse. I think God used her to feature me in that movie, because later, I started getting calls for one script or the added. Elvis Chuks was finally glad about this and later he put me in some of his movies too.

That epoch some many people felt I was a bad actor, and forward I am a suitable critic of my works, I go foster and see at the things they reveal because there is no smoke without ember. When people make known something, it means you are giving them a excuse to declare that business either by your take steps or by the habit you conduct yourself.

So, back people criticise me, I see out for the constructive ones and operate plus suggestion to it. You know some people said, I was comport yourself too much of affable boy, that I wasnt digesting my vibes utterly competently. So, I went regarding YouTube to proceed some research and took greater than a hundred classes re YouTube, and people started saying my acting was getting enlarged. It paid off upon the long manage, because after plus, I picked going on my first AMVCA nomination. The later year substitute nomination came, thereafter I won additional few awards. Its been Gods grace all the habit.

You had a tough era following you first came to Lagos; can you pension the experience when us?

When I first came to Lagos, I was staying previously a associates enthusiast. You know, in imitation of your holiday has changed from one week to two weeks, and also from two weeks to one month people in the blazing will begin changing attitude to you and I am not someone that will ever tortured feeling to stroke taking into account a appendix upon someone or in a mannerism affecting your tune.

So, I moved out from the burning, I wasnt evicted I moved out upon my own and I didnt even know where I was going. But an inner voice kept telling me go announcement to Jos, that at least my dad has a home I could live in. But I said to myself that I would stay here in Lagos and make it.

That was the start of my completion relation. At that era I will ensue a club to pass time in the night and in the day I will be credited in imitation of a friends habitat and will be gisting in imitation of him. After a even though I will examine him at the forefront clean me use the bathroom. Whenever I made money from a modeling job I will stay in a hotel. But it was really costly staying in a hotel and at a reduction all the money I was making was going into hotel bills. Later, I had a buddy who was buzzing behind than his parents and siblings in a room apartment.

This guy had a car, as a result in order not to inconvenient them; I lived in his car and later turned the car booth into my wardrobe. During the daylight, I would go hustle for auditions, and later than I succeed and get your hands on a job, there might be excruciating of payments.

Sometimes they wont even pay you for six or seven months. But I thank God for that experience. There were time I would broil back my pal and I wont have a place to stay (laughs). I would vary on this park at Shonibare where people jog all hours of daylight and nap there. Sometimes, I would compulsion child support to go for an audition and there wont be keep. Sometimes I would call some people to send me recharge card and later sell it to people that sell recharge cards to realize child support. You song, the hustle was exact, I would notice my tab soon through a movie.

You know, there were epoch I had to go for auditions and I would probably acquire to a junction go along once to a bike and subsequently entire sum money from the okada man to pay the bus. When I acquire to the venue of the audition, I will subsequently meet one of my connections, I wont even attainment as if I am begging and then make aware him to manage to pay for me maintenance; and later I would go and pay the okada man. Its in my nature; I am a intend getter. When I am set to acquire things finished, I obtain grip of bond of your hands on your hands on sticking to of it ended.
Although, I was tempted to realize a lot of things, there were time people came to me for drug deals, and there were epoch considering people came to me for keep laundering matter, and there were era later people came to me to appear in gigolo play in. I had all kinds of offers here in Lagos, but all period I looked in the mirror, I always saw a man thats destined to be adroitly-to-reach. My joy today is that I didnt be ill myself in any of those bad things.

There were rumors that you concerning a gigolo. Are you a gigolo?

Yes, all enjoyable guy in Lagos is a gigolo (Laughs). But they are utterly false and I can inflection my chest to make known that I have never been committed in any illegal impinge on or any unscrupulous situation. I in addition to thank God for my parents, if not for their slope, I wont be here. You know, there are time in vibrancy behind you excruciating to get some things and your trigger wont inherit you agree. There was a become primordial I was subsequent to going into drugs when moving picture was for that defense higher. I said to myself I can go and take steps this one and by the era I get two or three trips and reach agreement maintenance, I can go and set occurring a influence.

There was a period I was taking into consideration organization a allocation-battle it, moreover the neighboring morning, my mother called me to make known that she had a desire that I was in prison. You know, I was taken aback, and you know my mum is certainly spiritual and I owe my simulation to her.

How did you atmosphere the first mature you held your son?

There are some feelings that you cannot interpret. There are sure time you in reality environment elevate, and one of those period is gone you retain your son. When you contract that beatific living thing in your hand, you lack to guard that child subsequent to all that is within you. You look yourself in this person and you know that this person was created out of your seed. Its an awesome feeling, in incline of fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed by gendermoment'z Blog